Friday, November 16, 2007

1. True enough.

2. I've been on a Monkees kick recently (due to receiving this in the mail a couple weeks ago). I found a recent-ish Peter Tork interview with some amusing content.

On conventions:

It gives the fans a chance to meet the celebrities. Connect with the guy that used to be a bunch of coloured dots on your TV screen.

On the prospects of yet another reunion tour:

The Cream has reunited. Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones are touring again. They are getting anything from 100 dollars to 500 dollars a ticket. I think the Monkees would be good value for at least ten to eleven dollars a ticket

On Stephen Stills being rejected at the Monkees auditions:

Oh yes, he was hard done by. He had to settle with Buffalo Springfield and Crosby, Stills & Nash. Stephen, if you are reading this interview then I am sorry

3. Holy crap!

Looks like most of the pets I've ever had.

Apparently if you overfeed a goldfish it messes up its swim bladder, forcing it to float on its side at the surface of the water in a disturbingly accurate impression of being dead (I learned this on QI). How many goldfish have lost their lives due to ignorance of this fact?

4. Oh dear lord. This is the last thing we need.

5. Not only can't the Phelps afford to pay the $10.9 million, but apparently they're all in debt. I guess that's what happens when you use credit cards to pay for frequent nation-wide travel. I mean, come on. Credit card debt? I know it happens, but it's not exactly rocket science to prevent it from happening. Though I suppose God told them it was okay to use money they don't have to do His work.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home