Sunday, October 21, 2007

1. This looks interesting. Not only due to the fact that Adrien Brody narrates it.

2. Um, I'm essentially doing the same thing, but I manage to live on my own.... More or less....

3. "The word 'God' is carved into the walls of both chambers of Congress," Turner said in a statement. "The Architect is the custodian of the Capitol and currently maintains several religious symbols in the building. If permitted, removing 'God' from the Capitol flag ceremonies will be the precedent for removing 'God' from the Capitol, and this cannot be permitted."

Why not? I mean, logistically I can see it would be a pain in the ass. And possibly even inadvisable because it is a part of our country's history. But that doesn't mean it has to be a part of our future. Foolish consistency and hobgoblins and all that.

4. Today's Headline of the Obvious:

Playground Politics: Lack Of Athletic Skill Often Means Loneliness And Peer Rejection

5. I understand the anti-disability-awareness-workshop viewpoint -- as these events do tend to inadvertently dwell on differences rather than commonalities -- but if this isn't an argument for a little basic education, I don't know what is....

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home