Tuesday, December 30, 2008

1. Really interesting (study on autism and eye gaze).

2. Idiots. I live in a city full of idiots.

3. I want one!

It'd also be a good teaching/ABA/occupational therapy tool.

4. I need to make sure I make it down here before I move away from the northwest.

5. An interesting argument for the use of alternative medicine:

The problem is, an evidence-based medical practitioner cannot really use a placebo to full effectiveness.

But there's another way. We can get people who are naturally more convincing - because they actually do believe in the effectiveness of the treatment. And if that helps the patient believe, we may be able to take more complete advantage of the placebo effect.

That is, I'd like to consider the possibility of the established medical fraternity co-opting the alternative medicine crowd (at least where the treatements are clearly harmless, like homeopathy) in order to take the fullest possible advantage of the placebo effect when it's the most effective treatment available.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home